Thursday, November 26, 2009

A Day Of Thanks

Thanksgiving is a day to relax, eat, watch football, but most importantly reflect and thank those who have impacted our lives. It’s a day off for me, which is great because it means I actually have the time to update this blog. Some strength and conditioning coaches I see are able to write 2-4 times a day. I don’t think they actually train anyone ;) For those that know me, know that I can be stubborn. I like to do things myself even if it means doing it the hard way. I don’t ask for anyone else’s help but I am so thankful to those who give it. This year has been absolutely amazing. I opened up UA in Fairfax, Virginia after a lot of disappointments, headaches, and a couple temporary locations. In less than a year the gym has really transformed. Every week there is something new. Literally it has been a dream come true.

Growing up my mom kept a journal / photo album called “school days.” It included every grade from kindergarden to my senior year. Each year had topics like teacher, best friends,pets,sports, and dream job. Each year also included a school picture (man I had a couple awkward years). Looking back through the school days album I realized a couple things.. 1) I had an almost unhealthy obsession with He-man and Alf. 2) I always loved sports and music. 3) I had a lot of the same friends from kindergarden to 12th grade. 4) I wanted to be a lot of things growing up, a police man, an astronaut, a teacher, a professional baseball player, but then 10th,11th,and 12th grade all I wanted was to own a gym. I’ve read several books that said “have a dream, write it down, think about it everyday, and it will happen.” Apparently that stuff actually works! So there, dreams actually do come true, and I am watching mine in real time, but I wouldn’t be if it weren’t for some very special people. So I would like to take this day to specifically thank David L. and Lisa W., Taylor C, Sara M, and Cristal S for all your knowledge, patience, and support! It would be impossible to pay you back for everything you have given me, but I will try. Also, thank you to everyone that trusts me with your health, wellness, strength and conditioning. And of course, thank you Diesel for making me laugh everyday, keeping my stress level low, and making sure I get my exercise.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

2 comments:

  1. There are a lot of people who are thankful for you, too....thanks for doing what you do and inspiring the best in those around you!

    ReplyDelete