Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Back to the drawing board

Well it's about 2 weeks post competition and about 6 weeks pre competition. I figure it's time to get back to the bells and get my act together so I can finally get this CMS monkey off my back and get back to my dust collecting 32's. I used alot of backs in that last sentence. I came up 10 reps short on the snatch but it's ok because I know what I did and I have a plan to fix it. That's why I love competition. You really find out what you're capable of both mentally and physically. You find out how far down you can dig, and then you discover your weakness, you work so hard to correct it and come back stronger only to find another weakness.
Current weakness: Left shoulder range of motion and lack of proprioception
How I plan to fix it: I've developed a new program at the Underground Athlete
ATAC (advanced techniques for assessing and correcting). There are three parts ATAC-Lower extremities, ATAC-Upper extremities, and ATAC-Trunk and Spine. Six weeks is spent in each area correcting postural and movement asymmetries. I will use the ATAC-Upper extremity program to enhance range of motion and proprioception in my left shoulder. I will document training and progress for 6 weeks.
To specifically enhance proprioception in the snatch, I will be doing all snatch sets blindfolded. It sounds a little nuts but I think it will work.
6 week training microcycle...
Day 1
30sec work 10sec rest
Round 1 & 2
Switch leap box jumps
135lb Keg clean and stabilize
trx body row- isoexplode 15sec/15sec
50lb dumbbell curls
Pull up - burpee combo
Bungee resisted lateral jumps with toe touch
Heavy bag

Round 3
1min work 10sec rest
Same circuit followed by 3min long cycle 2/24kg @ 6rpm

No comments:

Post a Comment