Saturday, April 11, 2009

Rest is Stress

Rest is stress..
It shouldn't be, but for me, right now, it very much is. As I take this time to recover I get more anxious everyday. It's kinda like that R. Kelly song "my mind is tellin me no, but my body, my body is tellin me yeahhh" except for me it's my mind telling me "yeah" and my body tellin me NO! You know the popular saying "plan your work and work your plan" right? Well I've got the first part done. I've come up with a great plan, but it's not doing me any good just sitting on my desk. I'm going to take one more week to rest and then hopefully it's on! To everyone I train, know this; I push you because I care, and because I'm passive aggressive and extremely jealous that you're training and I'm not. :-)

3 comments:

  1. You are wise enough to recognize the small investment a few makes will make towards reaching your goals. Yes, it is torture, especially for a cyborg! :) A little quote/though for the day. Take Diesel for a lazy jog so he can see the other Easter dogs and laugh at their ridiculous outfits!

    “Life is all about timing... the unreachable becomes reachable, the unavailable become available, the unattainable... attainable. Have the patience, wait it out It's all about timing.”

    ReplyDelete
  2. Justin,

    I feel your pain mate, I'm in exactly the same boat! I have been suffering with a nagging back injury that won't go away since the Arnold.

    I tried cutting my training volume, but that didn't seem to help, then I went lighter and still no joy, so now I'm down to not lifting at all for at least a little while and it sucks!

    It's like torture having to go into my gym everyday, training my clients all day long and not being able to hit a workout myself, I can feel those bells looking at me and I want to pick them up so badly, but I know I have to look at the big picture. To train while not at 100% is foolish and will only lead to greater despair, I have to be patient and remember that this shall pass.

    I just wanted to post this comment so that you could perhaps take some comfort in the knowledge that there are others out there in the same position as you.

    When you train as hard and to the extremes that we do unfortunately injuries are inevitable, but we'll get back and will be stronger for it! Be patient mate, you'll be under those k-bells again soon, I have no doubt...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ross,
    Hey thanks for the note. I don't wish this on anyone, but I guess it helps to know someone else is going through it too. I actually went to a local chiropractor who is certified in active release techniques (ART). I highly recommend it. I felt so great after that I over did it again. I'm a prime example of "do as I say not as I do." I'm easing back into it now with general conditioning and stabilization exercises. Hope you feel better, and hide those bells til you feel 100%.
    Justin

    ReplyDelete