Saturday, March 28, 2009

A Saturday NOT for the record books

It couldn't be that I just plain sucked today so I'm going to blame it on 4 hours of sleep and a cup of coffee. I went to the dreaded commercial gym today, but don't worry I didn't do bi's and tri's on all that pretty nautilus equipment. After warming up I started with plyometrics and jump training. I could tell it wasn't my day when the 24in platform felt high. I moved up to 42 after 10 drop jumps and then right up to to 54inches. I only got 2 in at 54 before one of the trainers came over and said "excuse me sir, you're not allowed to stack the platforms unless there is a "certified personal trainer" there watching you. I kept my smart ass comment to myself and let him disassemble my creation. It's probably a good thing that he did stop me though because they were not feeling too good today. I probably would have caused a scene by knocking them over and falling on my face at some point. I then put the core board on top of the 24in platform."I can do this right?" I did 5 single leg jumps on each side and moved on. There was a muscle driver 32kg kettlebell sitting there so I did 30 OAJ each side. I was annoyed and not really motivated by the ace of bass playing throughout the gym. The rest of my workout was pretty quick. I came home quick to take Diesel for a little 3mile run in the rain.

Todays Workout:

Plyometrics / Jump Training

10@24in

5@42in

2@54in

5R 5L Single Leg Vertical Jump @ 24inch + Core Board

30R 30L One Arm Jerks

50 Jump Squats @ 200lbs

50 Jump Squats @ 260lbs

Towel Pull-ups 10-5-Static Hold

No comments:

Post a Comment