Wednesday, May 13, 2009

BACK in the saddle

First of all I'd like to say how proud I am of myself for coming up with such a clever title. :) My back is starting to come around. I'm learning what I can and can't do with it. After several days on ice I can bend over without much problem now. So against my better judgment, I started training again last week. I'm starting with the basics and just working at getting my strength back up. Last Thursday I threw in a 10 minute jerk set with 2 20kg. Saturday's workout was a basic upper body strength / hypertrophy day. Monday I hit the legs pretty hard with 450lb hack squats / 1025lb leg presses / bulgarian squats / calf raises. Tuesday was the first time I really touched the 32kg since the arnolds. It felt good to hold that familiar piece of steel again, and hold it I did, for a long time because it wasn't going up that often haha. I decided on a 20 minute OAJ set to get used to the feel of it in the rack again without putting too much load on my back or my still recovering legs. After the jerk set I just did 20 minutes of freestyle with the 16kg. Stay tuned, better workouts to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment